For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 the data controller is Flavours of Italy Ltd. whose registered office is at 1 Miller Row, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH4 3BQ, United Kingdom.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and present timely, relevant information to them.
Your personal information and how we use it
Collecting your personal information is necessary to communicate with you, respond to your requests and provide the service you have requested. We will only use your information for these purposes and will never disclose your details to third parties or unauthorised users.
The following personal details are collected when you use our website and contact us with a holiday enquiry and / or request a copy of our brochure: –
- Phone Number(s)
- Email Address
- Payment information related to your booking
Following your enquiry, we may get in touch with you by phone, email or post to discuss your enquiry and to keep you informed of experiences we believe may be of interest to you.
Your data is retained for the maximum statutory period after your last communication with us unless your consent has been withdrawn, as outlined below.
Please remember you can opt-out and unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time and you will never be asked to share sensitive information by email.
We monitor and record in-bound and out-bound calls for training purposes and to enhance customer service.
When do we share information?
The majority of information we hold about you will be used and stored within the UK. However, when you book an online class with us we may require to transfer some of your information to your tutor. Please be assured the transfer of information is transferred securely.
We do not sell your personal information to any third parties
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you.
They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
How can you control cookies?
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
- Every marketing communications email that we send you contains a link to unsubscribe from future communications.
- You also have the right to ask us for a copy of all your personal information that we hold. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact us in writing at: The Data Protection Officer, Flavours of Italy Ltd. 1 Miller Row, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH4 3BQ, United Kingdom.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
All materials on our website are the copyright of Flavours of Italy Ltd. or are reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. All rights are reserved. We ask that the materials on this website may be retrieved and downloaded solely for personal use. No materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of Flavours of Italy Ltd. For information on how to obtain permission to reproduce any of our copyright material, please get in contact with us at email@example.com or ring us on +44 (0)131 343 2500.
A considered approach